First, stuff it might be good to understand more about acne. Acne is a skin disease that involves the oil glands of the skin and can affect people of all races and ages all over the body. However it most commonly affects young people on their face, shoulders and chest. It’s not dangerous, but it can leave scars.
Here are some tips to help you if you have acne:
- Gently wash your face twice each day with mild face soap.
- Don’t try to pop pimples as doing so may spread infection and cause scarring.
- If you would like to get rid of a pimple for a special event, such as a wedding, ask a doctor to help you.
- Try to avoid touching your face unless you have washed your hands first.
- Wipe your mobile phone and glasses regularly as they will collect oil and skin cells.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing or accessories around the effected area.
- Try to use light, oil-free make-up and don’t go to sleep with it on.
- Hair collects oil and skin cells so keep your hair clean and off your face.
If you have very bad acne, you could seek advice from a doctor or skin specialist, sometimes called a Dermatologist.
You can call Child Helpline Cambodia anytime for free on 1280 if you would like to receive emotional support or further information on this subject.