It’s important to get the right amount of sleep for you, so you can be effective when you are awake. However, sometimes it can be difficult to fall or stay asleep because of emotional problems or your sleeping environment.
Here are some tips to help you sleep better:
- Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday.
- Have short sleeps to make up for lost sleep.
- Let as much natural light into your home and study space as possible.
- Create a relaxing sleeping environment. Try to keep your room cool and make your bed comfortable. Try to keep the room quiet, with the amount of light or darkness that you are comfortable with.
- Eat a balanced range of food and get regular exercise.
- Avoid eating big meals late at night.
- Avoid drinking too many liquids late at night, particularly coffee and alcohol.
- Try to cope or deal with unhappy, nervous and stressful feelings. Try deep breathing or listening to slow and soft music.
You can call Child Helpline Cambodia anytime for free on 1280 if you would like to receive emotional support or further information on this subject.