What happens if I call and need immediate help?

You may have urgent needs like police assistance, shelter, medical care or legal advice. In these cases, the Child Helpline Cambodia phone counsellor will ask you some questions and offer to refer you to the local authorities or an organisation who can give you help in person. In most situations we would only do this with your approval and we will need to give them some information about you. The counsellor will then do their best to make sure you get the support you need. This may include more phone calls. This process is called a referral and the organisation providing in person help is called a referral partner. At the moment, we only have official referral partners in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Preah Sihanouk, but we also have a network of other respected organisations around the country that might also be able to help and we can give you their contact information. You can learn more about our referral partners here. No matter what your situation is and whether or not you have been referred, you can always call Child Helpline Cambodia for emotional support and information.

Posted in